Monday, November 21, 2011

What are the best cosmetics for oily skin?

I'm not sure what's prompted my skin to suddenly become oily and prone to breakouts after 21 years of clear skin. I would appreciate any tips on skincare and cosmetics, particularly in finding a foundation that works well with oily skin.What are the best cosmetics for oily skin?
Firstly, if I were you I'd speak to a doctor/ dermatologist or at least a beauty therapist about what might be causing your breakouts. It could be as easy as changing your diet or addressing a hormonal imbalance.





In the meantime, maintain your 3 step cycle of cleansing, toning and moisturising morning and night, using a scrub at least once a week will remove dead skin debris which can clog your pores further, try a mask as well Payot makes an excellent drawing out mask.





When it comes to make up, use a foundation which is (obviously) oil free but also (very important) non-comodogenic and non-acnedogenic, this will prevent blackheads, whiteheads and pimples that can be caused by make-up.





The kind of foundation you buy will also depend on the finish you want. If you want to mattify your skin a powder-based/ pancake foundation with those qualities I mentioned above will work best because the powder particles absorb oil a lot better.


If you're after a more natural finish but still want coverage a liquid foundation (again, with those properties I mentioned before) will work well. The liquid foundations melt much more easily into the skin so they give a much more radiant, natural finish. Applying it with your *clean* fingers will give you an even better result.


If you're after top quality, Clinique is wonderful. They have over 36 different types of foundations at least 10 of which are for your skin type, in many forms, so you can see if you like solid make up or liquid more. If you want something that will still work but won't break the bank, Revlon Colorstay makeup for Oily/ Combination Skin (liquid) is what I use for everyday and it has fantastic coverage with a very natural finish. Their pancake is also very good.





When it comes to the zit end of the equation, foundation can't do it all. A concealer is your best weapon. You can use a green stick to neutralise the redness of your spots and then cover with some foundation and a little brush or another concealer that matches your skin tone.


Never bulk up your make up, that includes foundation *and* concealer. You won't hide the imperfections completely, what you need to do is minimise them and draw attention away from them. This is easily achieved with matt products and colours that *match* (a concealer that is too light/ dark will *draw* the eye to your flaws).





And remember, for any skin problem: ';Chin up and a concealer in your pocket.'; The rest will take of itself.





:)What are the best cosmetics for oily skin?
u may not believe me but ther r couple of steps 2 get rid of oily skin 1st you eat A LOT of candy until u throw up. 2nd take 10 pounds of bacon grease rub on face for 3 hours. do not shower during this process! 3rd have someone rub pee on ur face!


B CARFUL NOT 2 GET IN MOUTH sit 4 6hrs oily skin gon Report Abuse

Well i use Maybelline's pure makeup. works great for any skin type.


the pure foundation is 50% waterbased and oil free. wont clog pores. and it wont cause breakouts. has long lasting coverage. has vitE, alow, chamomile to soothe skin. its sooo skin friendly. i LOVE this product. my classmates and schoolmates have commented me and siad i look blooming. :) its a gel/liquid foundation by the way. full coverage and you can ask a saleslady at the department store to help you find a shade that matches your skintone.





after you apply the foundation, you can use the pure concealer to cover those scars or whatever. but the foundation can give good coverage already. but to be sure about the coverage, use the concealer also. its a pencil concealer.





after concealing, touch up with the pure powder. that also includes aloe, chamomile, and vitE to soothe skin. just pat lightly onto your face. whenever you need to retouch, just use the powder. no need to apply foundation again and again. i love maybelline's puremakeup!!!!





check it: www.maybelline.com





since you have oily skin like me, you should always bring oil blotting sheets with you. if you always reapply too much powder, itll make you look all cakey and stuff. so i recommend clean and clear's oil blotting sheets, which will absorb all the oil without smearing your makeup!
The best is Peter Thomas Roth. All their products are oil free. I personally love love love them
I have realllly oily skin and started using bare minerals a few months ago. It has helped soooooo much! Even if you don't want to use their foundation, at least get their mineral veil...you can put it on underneath, on top of, or both of whatever foundation you choose to use. It instantly sucks up ALL the oil on your skin and keeps it that way! I use the mineral veil 2 times a day and it keeps my skin perfect.
almay
Wash your face frequently with cold water and use a face pack of grated apple. You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for oily skin at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/oilyskin.htm鈥?/a> .
Mineral Foundation is Awesome for oily skin. I use Arbonne. It's way less expensive than Bare Minerals, and it's better. All of Arbonne's stuff is botanically based, pure, safe,and beneficial.


I have really oily, olive complexion, and even after wearing all day, my skin looks great. It gives you a fresh, glowy kinda look. Not a heavy greasy gloppy coverage.


I use a combination of the Arbonne skin care products. The ';Intelligence'; line is self adjusting. I use the moisturizer and thermal mask. I use the anti aging line of face wash it's called ';NutriminC Re9';


I signed up to buy the stuff wholesale cuz I loved it so much. Been using it since September and my skin feels so good.


You can check it out at http://www.arbonne.com


and if you want to order you'll need to enter a consultant ID# , you can use mine...it's 16459642.


It only cost me $29 for a year membership to order wholesale at 35% off...kinda like a Sam's club.


e-mail me if you have any questions....I'd love to chat with you.


Lori
Arbonne works for me, and I had the same problem
Ok...I have major oily skin...so here's a list of products I've used and liked:





Cleansers:


Clinique cleanser for oily skin (it can be a little drying though)


Neutrogena cleanser for oily skin (the yellow, clear liquid)


Neutrogena gentle cream cleanser (will not irritate break outs)





Toners:


Burt's Bee's Garden Tomato toner


Clean and Clear Toner for problem skin (will help with the breakouts)


Witch tree toner (you can buy at any health food store)





Scrubs


Clinique scrub with salictic acid


Neutrogena deep pore scrub


Burt's bees orange peel scrub





Mask


Queen Helene, mint julep mud masque (nothing beats the price of this basic mud masque...should be used once a week).








To me, Neutrogena and Clinique are the best lines in regards to oily skin but you might have to mix and match a lot.





I have finally figured out that to me, in regards to products, less is more.





Clinique is a bit pricy for me, so I use neutrogena's daily scrub an I also keep a bottle of the gentle cream cleanser which I alternate usage when I feel my skin is getting a bit irritated by all the chemicals I have been using.





I also do a masque once a week, usually on weekends. If your skin is really oily, I suggest a mud masque. If it's oily but somewhat irritated or sensitive because of break outs, I suggest a peel off mask, like Freeman's...





In regards to moisturizer, the only stuff that ever worked for my skin was oil of olay, oil free moisturizer with SPF 15. It's got the SPF which is a must no matter what and it doesn't clog my pores.





Good luck!
it just so happens that my nose and forehead are extremely oily, but also my cheeks do their part as well. I start my day using Neutrogena Oil Free Acdne wash. I have used it for 6 years, followed by Alcohol Free Toner. I use their Oil Free SPF 15 moisturizer and follw with Smashbox PhotoFinish silicone primer. Any makeup after that should stay pretty much all work day, but might be reapplied for night time. I use Bare Escentuals foundations, because their powder, a little goes a long way, and the powder will absorb any oil that sneaks through. Let me know what works for you. Good luck!
I had the same problem. i switched to Mary Kay and had great results. (I started selling it 4 years later because I loved it so much.)





Mary Kay products I recommend from experience:


Oil Control Lotion 3 - it can be a moisterizer or work with a moisterizer and controls oil all day.


Oil Mattifier - you can dab this on anytime of day and it will instantly disolve oil! Can go on over or under make-up.


Use powder over foundation-it really helps!


Deep Cleanser


Oil Free hydrating gel at night. It gives you moisture(which even oily skin needs) but doesn't add grease or oil. Is Not a lotion.
Use oil free cosmetics, check that they are water base and not oil, it'll help u alot.
A drugstore solution to your problem would be to try maybelline's pure makeup line, its 50% water but it has zero oil and keeps your skin clean and fresh looking all day long! a little goes a long way so you might want to try mixing it with a oil free light moisturizer. This makeup blends like a dream and does not clog pores at all. I swear by this makeup, since I've started using this makup in conjunction with my moisturizer, I cant tell you how many compliments I get on my skin. You will GLOW!
Oh my - let me tell you - I started using Bare Escentuals in January and have almost the entire collection now! I LOVE IT! You can start out with the starter kit, you get two foundations - you usually have to mix them a bit to get the right color - its so simple! You get Warmth - which looks dark but it isn't - it just adds a natural sunlight look to you. You get Mineral Veil - it perfects your look and gives you that smooth finish : )


You get three brushes - the brushes are unlike any other - don't try any imitations - the B.E. brushes are wonderful! You usually get a starter DVD also - you will watch it the first couple times you put it on - I remember I panicked and thought Id never remember the order to put it on : )


I put mine on a little heavier than the DVD suggests - it works well for me.


They are on QVC all the time, so check QVC for great deals : )


I have almost all of my friends and co-workers wearing B.E. now - we are addicted : )


I think my favorite would be the Well Rested for your eyes - no matter how tired you are - you put that around your eyes and you look...well...well rested!


Oh - and the Bisque - it covers trouble spots - liver spots - blemishes - dark circles and other things : )


It DOESN'T come off when you sweat - its safe to sleep in!


I cant say enough about this make up - try it - you will LOVE it!


Oh - and don't panic - your face might feel a little dry the first 3 - 4 days that you use it - but it will go away!


Hope this helps -


~ B.E. NUT! : )
any that say oil free.
I have oily skin and I've tried everything





Face wash: Philosophy's Purity Made Simple


Moisturizer: Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough


then I apply Clear and Present (also by Philosophy) to absorb oil





I find Philosophy to be the best line of products I have used so far. Hope this helps!
u must use a suitable product for ur skin... i suggest u should try Giffarine product..it will balancing ur skin back....the price r affordable..the foundation cream is RM18.90 n d oily skin foundation two way cake just RM28....try n u will like it..;}

No comments:

Post a Comment