Monday, November 21, 2011

What is the best foundation for dry skin?

I have dry skin and prone to spots when the weather is warm and would like to know what product to use that doesn't irritate the skin too much and how often you should apply foundation?What is the best foundation for dry skin?
I have super duper dry skin and is prone to break outs during summer and I get red spots at times also.





I've tried a lot of foundations.





I can assure you that LIQUID FOUNDATION is NOT recommended for dry skin. nor are cream foundation. Mainly because those types of foundation are often ';matte'; which absorbs the oil from your face. which in turn make your skin even more dry. I used maybelline and covergirl liquid foundation before and it just ended up making my skin peel after a few seconds of application. I could only use minimum in tiny areas. it also doesn't do very well in coverage for dry skin (since we can't really blend it out as it would dry up the skin). my bf was always asking me why i have a patch of off coloured skin on my face (which i realised was theliquid foundation)





Also with liquid foundation, i've also noticed that i break out in them during summer or humid days. liquid foundation doesn't do a good job in ventilation, esepcially when our skin is dehydrated.





My holy grail is mineral foundation. It's the ONLY foundation that does not dehydrate my skin, i dn't break out in mineral foundation during hot days. it doesn't make my skin crack or peel. the coverage is great as you can apply as much or as little as you wish. I wear minimal foundation, only where theres blemish or uneven skin. sometimes I just wear mineral foundation on one side of my face it people cannot tel the difference! it looks like you're wearing no foundation





also, another thing with mineral foundation i noticed is that it lasts a LOT longer than liquid. it stays put all day so you won't be reapplying during the day. I wear mineral foundation to uni, i apply before i leave the house, and when i come home 4-7hrs later my face still look flawless.





tip for red spots: apply green mineral foundation first on the spots then coat it off with mineral foundation of your skin tone. :)What is the best foundation for dry skin?
I use a moisturising foundation - it's Maybelline Wonder Finish, and i only apply it once a day because it's bad to clog up your pores with makeup. So i also wash my face with makeup remover before bed. If you don't want to have a cakey look, just an even skin tone.. You can get a light moisturiser and then use mineral foundation. That's probably better for your skin. Just don't over-do the moisturiser because it makes you look shiny :)
Liquid foundation is best for dry skin, or tinted moisturiser, if you don't need that extra coverage. Oil-based works best, and be sure to avoid matte-finish types, as they could make your skin look dull and chalky. Mineral foundations supposedly aren't any good for those with dry skin either.





Maybelline Instant Age Rewind liquid foundation is quite good as it hydrates your skin, and contains SPF sunscreen. MAC products are generally well-regarded, and Clinique is also really good for dry skin, apparently.





Foundation should only really be applied once, when you're getting ready to go out, although I think some occaisions require a quick touchup throughout the day. If you're worried about staying power, Maybelline New York SuperStay Silky Foundation could be worth a shot. It's liquid, and I think also oil-based, which should work for your skin.





I wouldn't reccommend wearing foundation every day of the week, but sometimes you can't help it, if you have to go out and work and you prefer to wear makeup. The biggest no-no would be not removing it entirely before you go to sleep, so invest in some makeup-remover facial wipes, which makes this chore much more convenient. Try one with aloe vera, to help with your dry skin.





You could try using rosehip oil on your face at night, I've heard it works wonders. Or try some of these tips:


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a> http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/home鈥?/a>





Good luck.
i have dry skin too, but it can also get very oily.


i use an oil free foundation, but i mix it half and half with my gel-creme moisturiser for combination skin.


then apply all over with a foundation brush.


the moisturiser sinks in quickly and the foundation is distributed evenly, with no flakes, caking, or pore clogging.


it really works well for me.
I have SUPER dry skin I think I have to driest skin in the World lol use Laura mercier Moisturizing foundation Its great my face isn't dry when I put this stuff on. Also try her tinted moisturizers with spf 20 in it great for the summer I hoped I helped.=)
Clinique Dewy smooth is really good for dry skin!!


Avoid Matte foundations because they are likely to dry out the skin!





Always cleanse (again clinique three step skincare is amazing) and apply moisturiser to dry patches.





I apply my foundation in the morning and touch up throughout the day!
i also have dry skin. I normally wear MAC studio sculpt foundation in gel-based. It includes sp15 and it also hydrates your skin. You might want to moisturize your skin before applying foundation.
maybelline dream matte mousse is the best for u





give it a try it is cheap
The most effective thing to use is E45, or vascaline. But if you want to cover up and moisturize I suggest Boots No.7 Foundation.
A light layer of Vaseline, or cocoa butter. I dont know about the foundation though.
i use true Match and it really good and u all got to use cream for dry skin before u apply foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment