Saturday, July 24, 2010

What is a good remedy for dry skin on my cats?

I have a long haired black cat. When I brush her, the dry skin flakes are just awful and I am afraid she may feel itchy. I am looking for something to help her, without giving her a bath. I think that would hurt both her and me. Any suggestions?What is a good remedy for dry skin on my cats?
Hey, you can try fish oil pills or drops in her food once or twice a day. You can find them at grocery stores or the drug store, pretty cheap. Even though you don't want to give her a bath, it would probably help if you could try to with oatmeal shampoo or somehting like that.What is a good remedy for dry skin on my cats?
i guess just get a good shampoo for dry skin, and your supposed to bathe them like every 6-12 months. My cat had dry skin too, it could just be because of the weather and things like that, she still gets dry skin when the seasons change. :-]
Go to petco and ask a few questions...


U'll probly hav to bathe her though .... She won't like it, but it will help for sure with a good oatmeal animal shampoo.
What are you feeding her? She may be allergic to the food you are giving her.





Here is a good simple link you can read





http://www.nelsonvet.com/cat_allergies.h鈥?/a>
mix a few drops of cooking oil in her food. this helps to condition the coat and get rid of the dry skin.
  • alpha ahava
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment