Monday, July 26, 2010

When and why did cutting of the skin to relieve emotional tension originate?

This only exists in the United States. Some teenagers cut themselves for whatever emotional problems they have. I started cutting when I was in high school and it has become addictive. I may stop for two years, see a psychologist, but it always comes back. Where did the idea of cutting come from? Are there any websites talking about the history.When and why did cutting of the skin to relieve emotional tension originate?
yeah yeah it did come from your societyWhen and why did cutting of the skin to relieve emotional tension originate?
Cutting exist in Canada too. Report Abuse

its releases bad tension and energy from your soul when you have that kind of pain/pressure on your body, especially doing it yourself. it's alot like crying, doing yoga, or meditating Report Abuse

cutting is in england as well. it originated here and started from people suffering from multiple personality disorders as a way to ';hurt the host.'; or ';kill the body.'; then, it turned into a fad, and people just found that...it works.


i'm going to be a psychologist, so...i know this stuff. Report Abuse

Im sorry for your story. Hard things happen and Im not afraid to say I cut myself too.. I heard cutting has effect of making you feel better like eating chocolate. and cutting is intended for suicide and wrist is the closest part to cut veins and arteries. I hope everything gets better. Report Abuse

I listen to music and try to repress myself whenever I feel the urge, and it does work many times. Now music is the biggest part of my life and I suggest you find something you really love and try to distract your thoughts. Report Abuse

ok so i will tell you my story...


a friend of mine [ girl ] lost her mother she died of cancer


she is still cutting herself


i love her i truly do...


and i started doing it a long time ago.. in 9th grade... but i stopped..


i did that cuz i wanted to see how it was.. i wanted to take the pain away from her heart....


you can see ppl cutting there hands on tv... there are lots of sites were teenagers look and they just try it and then they associate it with the pain from their heart... they take revenge on themselves... but the pain doesn't go away is there in your heart.... trust me i know.. ;)


try to talk to psychologist


wish you the best.... =)


i am still here if you want to talk about this


bad_angel_4_ever@yahoo.com


e-mail me if you want to talk
I did a little of that sort of thing when I was much younger. I think its because any sensation is better than no sensation. Chronic depression is like being dead, but your body doesn't know it. Hurting yourself, reassures you that you're still alive.
Okay, it did not necessarily originate in the United States, believe it or not. And it doesn't only exsist there either, that's a really ignorant thing to say. I don't understand how it helps anybody in the slightest, that doesn't mean i don't have my own problems because believe me i do, it just gives you more pain.
I cannot, nor do I believe anyone can definetly say when this very first originated. Before I say this I want to say that I am not saying that you are demon possessed, but the first case I've heard of was the demon possessed boy in the Bible whos father brought him to Jesus to be delivered of demon posession. He cut himself and threw himself into the fire. I doubt that this is only an American problem. God bless!!
Dont know but i need to ask you something. Why do u do it? cutting your wrists aint going make tommorrow a better day no matter how emotionally stressed you are. It might be a temporary relief but you have to think about the long term and more importantly your health.





Asking this question and considering to consult a psychologist means your smart so please stop doing it and go by other means to relieve stress. Get some hobbies, take on martial arts what ever.





good luck
It's an attention seeking habit. This then graduated to tattoos and piercings.





People enjoy advertising their self-abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment